Thursday, May 5, 2011

Work and working out

We had a horrible job last night - a road fatality.  I didn't know the victim, and it looked very quick which is good, but the patient was too young.  There is nothing worse than someone having a horrible, prolonged, painful death in my opinion, which was not the case for this poor person - it was instant.  But being too young is always terrible. 

So, I am pretty hardened in the job.  These sort of things don't affect me as much as they used to.  I remember my first road fatality and I really felt I needed the rest of the night off to decompress.  I talked about it a lot afterwards.  But this job didn't even really come into my mind once it was over and I slept easily (I drifted off to sleep thinking about working out and food - the second half of this post) but even still, I would have to admit to having intrusive thoughts today.  They aren't disturbing in anyway, thankfully.  It's just that I barely ever think about a job once it's done - but this morning I found myself looking for a mention of the incident in the news and seeing cars on the road today that looked like theirs.  It seems that it has affected me in some way.

My work partner and I were talking tonight about who called in the job becasue we still remember that if you're not exposed to this sort of thing often it can really traumatise you.  But we didn't find out who found the victim, but I hope to catch up with the local copper and find out the story to have some closure.

So that's work.

Working out - my new obsession.  I'm so friggin sore today - I feel wrecked all over in the deepest musclular areas I haven't felt before in my life.  Luckily Tracy mentions all this in her BC book I have now.  Excitingly - my Beginners Cardio arrived this morning from eBay.  Yay!  I was really happy to do some new choreography for my cardio.  The DVD, though, doesn't have a flow - it's in four sections of learning then performing.  In her other dance cardio DVD I had (and lost) there was a learning chapter, then a performing non-stop chapter, so once you learnt it you could just go straight to it.  Ugh.

I went to bed hungry last night because I decided to give TAM BC diet a crack.  It's quite fine - not as bad as I thought.  I think because I've been gradually eating cleaner and cleaner over the past 2 months it wasn't so hard to adapt.  I definately have increased the servings - so the same thing for breakfast but twice.  The worst part is is how long they take to prepare.  Not good for a paramedic working call.  I could prepare ahead (I did for half the meals today) but that's an evening in itself.  Well maybe I'm just not used to being a Master Chef.  Infact, I'm learning at lot as I go.  Basically, think of me a a Bachelor and you'll have a good idea of my culinary skills.  I'm a bit worried now as I have nothign prepared for tomorrow and I haven't even looked at the meals.  Luckily, I have some vege soup and grilled chicken left.

No comments:

Post a Comment