Thursday, May 19, 2011

Clawing

I'm clawing my way back out of the mud. 

If my purpose in this life was to figure out money, then I think I'm definitely at risk of being reincarnated once again.

Anyway, I've managed to sort out a few things today although it's been a bit of a sad journey looking at my budget, and schedule, my commitments, my bad choices and poor decision.  But, I'm getting there.  I've gone through the "why am I do this to myself" conversation, and the "it would be worse if I was studying full-time on-campus and working part-time" reassurance conversation.

If, back in 2007 when I finished my paramedic degree and did the GAMSAT and got offered an interview to start in 2008 at an Australian med school, had I decided to take the plunge, I would be in 4th year now.  While that sounds great, if I think about everything I've done in the past three years I think I made the right decision.  If anything, I should have started at OUM sooner, but then again I wouldn't have bought this house. 

Thankfully, it looks like I'm going to be cleared for next term which starts in a week, so I can't bring this low energy into next term.  The bursar said I had to pay what I owed for last term, which is fair enough.  Although I don't really have that money right now, I was able to borrow it.

I've taken another OT shift tonight so I have to go get ready now.  Hopefully my next pay will go towards getting things squared away.

No comments:

Post a Comment