Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fees and money

I did an OT shift today at work.  Don't tell anyone but we didn't treat one single patient!  We're "didn't turn a wheel" as they say in ambulance.  It was great.  I spent the whole day studying my work protocols and the new changes they're bringing in.  I also looked again at bundle branch blocks as well as the pharm text.  And of course I gossiped with my girlfriend I was working with today.

The new OUM bursar contacted me today and I've replied and I'm still hoping this can be resolved.  I have been thinking a lot about money atm and have put in an application to the army for the graduate medical scheme.  I'm not sure how it will go considering it's really for Australians in Australian medical schools, but I'll try anyway. I think I'm an excellent candidate given my previous enlistment into the RAAMC (Royal Australian Army Medical Corps) and civilian achievements.  But I know the ADF doesn't like "grey" areas too much at all.  I'll keep you posted on that one.

Frustratingly, I feel I have undone so much of my hard work with my fitness in just the past week or two of injury and work.  I have been eating so poorly, I am saddened I have put so much rubbish back into my body when I was on such a good roll, just due to work demands.  There's nothing much I can do but start again, virtually from scratch.  It is completely disheartening as as much as I try, work and study make it virtually impossible.  I am feeling like a failure right now that I haven't figured it out. 

I'm hoping with a good night's sleep and a sleep-in tomrrow I might feel more optimistic and innovate a new plan for solving this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment