Thursday, May 26, 2011

MSS

So I'm doing the musculoskeletal system this term, and I just paid the final instalment of my deposit to do the Cert IV in Personal Training which means they're about to send me the course.  I hope the first part of the PT course is A+P because it will work in well with the MSS module.

So far, I've been trying to memorise the anatomy of the joints of the upper limbs.  I generally don't find gross anatomy very stimulating.  I like physiology and pathophysiology probably best.  I might try and rank the disciplines just for fun:

Physiology>pathology>pharmacology>histology>biochemistry>immunology>gross anatomy>genetics>embryology>research>behavioural science

One good things is I already know a fair bit of anat from my paramedic degree, so it's just about filling in some blanks and adding a bit more to my repertoire.

One thing I've already learnt today - the sternoclavicular joint has a range of movement much greater than I ever considered (about 30o in any direction).  Another good thing is that now when I have patients with dislocated shoulders, I know a bit more about what's going on, and why that doc I worked with once at the music festival wouldn't reduce the patient's shoulder without an xray first.

Ok, back to Clinically Orientated Anatomy by Moore and Dalley and the shoulder joint I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment