Monday, May 30, 2011

MSS Day 1, Week 1



Today is my first day back at med school.  Whoo-hoo.  It feels like I had such a massive break and I'm glad to be back.

I have, however, woken up with what seems to be the beginning of the flu.  Either that, or I ran a marathon overnight that I wasn't aware of and stuffed my frontal sinuses full of cotton wool at the same time.

Great.

Someone at work just had a week off with the flu, so I hope I don't get it as bad.  Bad, bad timing.

Yesterday I blocked out my entire day (for today) with when to get up, have breakfast, workout, 3x 2-hour study blocks, grocery shopping, beauty/pre-bed routine etc etc.  If only my Google calendar had the function to move everything down by 2 hours because that's how long I slept in this morning.  I have a really full-on week so I thought I might try and get on top of my sleep banking. 

I did a pathetic workout this morning.  I just got the New York City Ballet Workout DVD.  Man, I didn't realise how dated that thing was.  Geez.  But it was good and I can see a lot of the TAM theories in there.  TAM is definitely better though, and I'll do that tomorrow.

I got an email saying my PT books have been shipped so I can expect them during the week.  I really hope it complements what I'm doing and doesnt' distract too much.  Maybe it will help knit my study and fitness lives a little.

Now I have to go study because my first lecture is tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment