Sunday, May 15, 2011

Getting smashed

I just got my ass kicked at work this weekend and it's still not over.  I'm basically simply trying to survive. I feel if I got left alone today at work I might have enough energy tonight to do a workout.  Maybe.

Last night on-call I had a good interesting cardiac patient (young person with atypical chest pain with a previous history of arrhythmia but a very poor historian, presenting in sinus tachycardia), and an interesting foreign body trauma patient as well.  All I can say it, be careful where you leave your knitting needles.  Two patients only, but they took over 7 hours due to long transport times and waits at the hospitals and of course the lovely paper work.

My house is so ferral - my dishes are still in the sink from making my TAM food two days ago.  Foul.  So that's the first thing on my To Do list today, then general housekeeping.  I must get these done before the new week starts so maybe, just maybe, I can start fresh and get back into working out.

The TAM diet is not going well.  I don't mind the food so much, but its not satisfying enough and I find my energy levels are low.  I felt much better on the Venice Nutrition.

Anyway, I feel so tired but I'm maintaining my new set point weight.  I am hoping to regroup and attack that plataeu again.

Two weeks until I go back to med school.  I had a read through my USMLE Step 1 book on Kindle in the ambulance last night but I really want to go through my work guidlelines during the week too..

So much to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment