Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Meta Day 1

Since my total freak-out in early Feb, in March I started working out and eating healthy and as of today I have lost 4kg and 2% body fat  in to months and have gone below my normal "set point".  I'm not sure if that sounds like much, but to me it means all my clothes in my wardrobe fit nice again, and even one pair of jeans I put on yesterday are too loose.  If Ionly lost another 4kg and 2% body fat I would be pretty much at my ideal - the best body I've never had (as Tracy would say).

I got my Metamorphosis Hipcentric today and after taking my measurements and "before" photos I've just done my first Meta workout.  I couldn't decide whether to do cardio or strength first and it kind of threw me off.  Normally, people say to do strength first, but meta doesn't explicitly state which to do first but it seems to be suggesting cardio first.  It is more important to do cardio everyday, so maybe it's putting the importance of it first.  Oh I don't know.  It's annoying.  The diet is so prescriptive yet something like this really bugs me.

I've had a look at the diet and I wont be following it.  It's too small!  I feel my body will continue losing weight following my current diet which is modified Venice Nutrition.  I might try a few recipes because I likes the ones from the BC which some seem similar. 

My modified Venice Nutrition diet is based around the blood sugar stabilisation of eating every ~3hours and eating a balanced meal of protein, carbs, and fats.  I make sure to have both low and high GI carbs in the same meal (eg brown rice and strawberries), and I have slightly reduced the protein portion from about 140grams to about 100grams per meal, and if there are a lot of non-starchy veges in the meal (ie spinach, tomato) then I add that portion on top of the carbs - ie they don't count.  I also absolutely do not want to eat "fake" sweeteners as I read a few studies where the test mice actually gained weight, compared to the ones that had "real" sugar.  And I also knew a very experienced body-building trainer who swore every client of his that ate "sugar-free" lollies etc still held weight.  That's enough convincing for me on top of the suspected carciongenic nature of artificial sweeteners.

I pretty much don't eat dairy except my 2 pieces of dark chocolate every night (85% coco) and have added bread back in at once or twice a week (I had a very upset tummy after not eating bread for a week and then eating it, so I want to be able to eat it still) but its always wholemeal.  I also eat as many spices as possible (against TAM recommendations).

Anyway, I'm happily following the Meta workouts.  I kind of felt ripped off on the arms section and I miss doing the Mat Workout DVD, but the legs are all done in the all-fours position (aka doggy-style) so I think this is working them.  I hope its enough because doing the Mat I got really good tightness of the tricep bingo wings so far, so I hope it continues.  The Mat is also about 45mins and the Meta strength (or "transform") workout is only 30mins.  Hmmm....  I really like the cardio DVD, but I think I prefer the Mat and PDS strength workout so far, but I'lll stick with Meta for now and decide whether I'm going to renew it with the continuity program later.

And as another totally random thought, I'm watching Cesar Milan "The Dog Whisperer" and I've decided there are a few male humans that should be neutered to help their personality.  Seriously!

No comments:

Post a Comment