Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Studying at work



This is the space I use at work to study.  Sometimes it's really ambulance focused, and sometimes it's doctor focused, but it's always medical.  The in-trays in the corner are not all mine and this is a common space, but it's great to have a nice large desk to use.  There is another desk next to this one where the PC is, so there are two desks in the office.  There's also a big kitchen table, and then another table again in the reliever's quarters, so there's always a space I can use.

Today I found out my fees made it to Samoa and I'm enrolled in the Musculoskeletal module!  I got access to the study material today and I've started looking at everything and marking out my lecture times on my Google calendar. 

This term there's 2 lecture times per week - one hour at 1pm on Tuesdays, and 2 hours between 5am and 7am on Wednesday mornings.  The Wednesday ones get marked on "participation" and are more like tutes - very interactive.  Even though they are way too early for me, it is ok because I start my day shifts at 7am and am more likely to make this time slot.  I guess I'll have to get used to getting up at 4am!  Eeek.  I hope there's no one in my class in Perth or they'll have to get up/stay up at 1am until 4am.  Yikes.

First case study - Rheumatoid Arthritis.  Never been so excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment