Monday, June 27, 2011

Ups and downs

I just came home from a great session with my mentor. My mind is working clearly and I'm starting to really get the hang of working my way through a differential diagnosis including history,physcial examination and which labs and imaging to order, and the all important management plan.

Then I came home to do my end of week mini-quiz I've been dreading all week only to find it closed 7 hours earlier than last week and I have missed it!  That's 5% of my total module grade gone!  Faaaar-out.  So I just emailed the curriculum coordinator to ask if I can get access to it asap.  Let's see how tight they're going to be about the rules.  I then I emailed off about my grievances from last week's quiz (I think I answers questions right and got marked wrong).  It's a nightmare trying to prove yourself.  And then mix that in with self-doubt and stress and my mood has gne from high to anxious/low within about an hour.  Awesome.

But I can't let it affect me - I must now get in some quality study time as I go back to work tomorrow (yes, that's right, today is my only day off yet again).

If I was to be all Yoga about it I would say at least my insane need to be right is a good thing in medicine.  If I didn't care about having the correct answers or not it might not be a good thing for my patients!

No comments:

Post a Comment