Thursday, June 2, 2011

Internet woes

This morning I just had the equivalent of my car not starting and missing my uni lecture - I couldn't log-in to my online lecture/tute!  I still don't know why, but it's not just the OUM sites.  I can see all my google accounts just fine including this blog.  Oh, I hope it doesn't have anything to do with shaping.  That I cannot know until the Netspace office opens at 9am....

So, I got up at 4am for nothing.  I couldn't sleep last night, I was still awake at 1.30am reading my med notes (better than just lying there), then again at 2am and 3.30am.  I've started doing that thing again when I can't sleep the night before a tute.  I think it's a combination of knowing how early I have to get up, and being nervous about public speaking coupled with the fear of not knowing an answer to the pimping question and looking either lazy (unprepared) or studpid.  I completely blame my shift work, and particularly being on-call all the time, for stuffing up my body clock as I used to be the best sleeper.  Now it seems my stupid adrenal glands are hyperstimulated.

I've tried for over and hour and a half to log-in.  I even put on my uniform and went all the way into work to see if I could get on there but the Firewall prevented me.  I can't even get access to my OUM email to email my lecturer and tell her what happened.  I hope her email account receives my Gmail.

Ugh.

So now it's 06:19am.  I go back on duty at 7am so not all is lost.  I have to drive about 150km to an OH+S meeting today as I'm the HSR (health and safety representative) for my ambulance station.  I'm sure it will be riveting as always.  I hope I can convince someone else to be the HSR as I've done it for over a year now.  It's one of those jobs - someone has to do it. 

What to do now?  I guess I'll read Lippincotts chapter on DMARDs and watch the end of the corresponding video lecture by Doctors In Training before it expires....

No comments:

Post a Comment