Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Internet woes

My internet has been down again for the past two days and I missed another online lecture.  Great.

It just came back up now and I just did my first one of these new graded weekly quizzes.  I'm glad I didn't spend too long going through the learning objectives because they were not based on that.  They seemed to be what I would consider the more difficult types of questions from the end of module exam. For example, one question asked what the regulating step in rheumatoid arthritis was - the answer was TNF-alpha (well, actually it said "TNF-?".  I guess the alpha sign didn't work).  Now going through my Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine textbook, I can see the first two pages in RA covered almost all the questions, except one on pharmacological management, which thanks to the Doctors in Training lecture, I was able to answer that one easily.  Hmmm... I think I'll make sure to read the Davidson's book more thoroughly.

So, I think I've done about a quarter of that PT assignment now.  Last night I answered some questions on digestion, muscle origin and insertion, ATP, and described movements such as pronation and supranation.  It probably took me about half an hour.  So in total I suppose I've done a quarter in an hour.  By now I should have read the first chapter in the two main textbooks they gave me.  I have scanned them, but I'd like to read them again a bit more thoroughly.  Maybe when I'm on a break from my med term.

No comments:

Post a Comment