Thursday, June 30, 2011

Polymorphs

So, the word I woke up with in my head this morning (at 4.30am) was "polymorphs", which is short for polymorphonuclear leukocyte which is a type of white blood cell and are elevated in inflammation or infection.  I think.  I'm still learning this and it might be why it was laying down memory in my sleep (before the process was rudely woken by my phone alarm and 5am lecture).

This morning I just enrolled in a Masters of International Health subject - STIs and HIV an International Perspective. Despite my repeating pattern of biting off more than I can chew and then nearly choking, I can't let go of the MIH for some reason.  Hoping seeing as it's only one unit and it's not statistics that I should be ok.

Anyway, I'm getting a little bit sick of my 2-minute noodle diet and I have been thinking about what I want to do in Nepal (I have a week there with no plans before going to Tibet and Bhutan) and maybe a mini-Annapurnas trek would be good.  That is in two months.  I also have a high school reunion and my work annual ball in the same week in about 5 weeks time, so I hope to use that as motivation, although the majority of my brain is saying "just wear black!"

No comments:

Post a Comment