Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nice day

**Spoiler Alert*** (Project Runway Season 8)

It's so nice to wake up fairly naturally (my dog sort of woke me up, but I wasn't in a deep sleep).   My usual routine is to let him out and open the blinds on the east side of the house and let the morning sunshine in.  This morning I looked out and I could see all these silver-beaded threads on all my plants.  I only have two potted bamboo and four planted fruit trees in the backyard so far (I concentrated all of my time last spring in the front).  And the sun was being reflected in full-force off two of my 8 pavers (for the patio extension in progress) straight into my eyes.  It was amazing.

Above is a photo of one of the bamboo trees and the spiders webs that caught my eye.  All of my (six) trees had been covered in spiders webs over-night then the morning dew glistening was quite a surprise.
The above photo is one of my plum trees, looking all sad for the Winter.  Hope to get some fruit this year (just planted them last Winter).  I have been living in this house for three years but I only just bought it a year ago, so I've just started investing in the gardens, although it also coincided with me paying medical school tuition fees and mortgage, so there's not that much investing into the garden going on - just slow and steady.  And slow.

Spoiler alert - Project Runway was, to my nice surprise, on last night  Yay!  I recorded the Amazing Race and watched PR.  And... I'm so glad Gretchen Jones won.  I loved the three finalists, but I think the best designer won.  I also think she was so unfairly targeted and bullied in that show for being nothing more than a tall poppy with an opinion.  Yeh, I so got sucked into that show.  But I had a nice night last night relaxing a bit.

Today, I have a lecture at 1pm, so I'll study from now until then.  I go back on-call tonight, so I'll try and get a bit organised after the lecture as my wardrobe has imploded.  I'm pretty happy at the rest of the house maintainence and feel pretty organised and stress-free.  I'm proud of myself for my financial budgeting skills this fortnight, I think doing well on the mini-exam yesterday was a huge relief.  And getting my readings done last week, I can focus on a fresh case study guilt-free.  I'm also proud of myself for sitting down and drawing out the brachial plexus this morning so I think I almost have it down pat.  There isn't a whole lot of time for rote learning in my schedule, but there are a few things that just take pure memory, in the way that I used to love playing that card game "Memory" when I was a kid.

Anyway.

Loving life.

No comments:

Post a Comment