Monday, June 6, 2011

Refreshed


I had a gigantic sleep-in the morning and I've woken with a bounce in my step.  I think this might be how normal people wake up feeling.

One of the best things I've gotten from the TAM is buying a blender.  The photo is my current favourite which is a small green apple and a handful of frozen berries plus cinnamon, all blended into the best morning smoothie.

Yesterday I finished up about 2.30pm and went on my "break" but went back into work at 6pm to handover to the next person.  I then did a quick bit of revision at home on rheumatoid arthritis using http://www.almostadoctor.com/ notes.  I also had a quick look into white blood cells as I was getting confused between plasma cells and B- and T-cells.  I'm not going to get too bogged down in it because there is a whole haematology/immunology module in my near future.

I watched Downton Abbey, which I'm currently obsessed with, and the new character this week of Mrs Crawley only served to fuel my obsession as she is a kick-ass nurse and there was a pretty good hospital scene.  Love it.

I am reluctantly doing an overtime shift tonight.  I just keep thinking about school fees, my Tibet trip coming up, and my sister's wedding.  I'd prefer a bit of extra cash for those, plus I'm well rested now thanks to having today off.  At double-time, with work just three blocks from my house, it's very hard to say no.  I'd only be studying anyway, and I'll probably study during the shift and get paid for it.

I'll certainly do study at home from now until then, and a workout inbetween.  I'm currently doing the TAM Meta and then jumping around like a fool with my iPod on until I at least get a good sweat.  I aim for 20mins straight after the Meta muscle workout which gets my heart-rate up anyway.  Sometimes when I jump around I imagine I'm taking an aerobics class!  It makes me think about which tunes I'd like in my playlist.  Current favs (for bouncing around like a fool):
  • Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
  • Whip My Hair - Willow
  • Higher - Taio Cruz and Kylie Minogue
  • Club Can't Handle Me - Flo Rida
  • I Like It - Enrique Iglesias

No comments:

Post a Comment