Thursday, February 17, 2011

Learning technique

Once I did this short French course which came on a CD and used visualisation to remember nouns in particular.  You'd take the word in French, think of a similar sounding word in English, then visualise the two together for 10 seconds.  It's kind of like how those guys who remember the order of 200+ playing cards have a character or a story for each card then remember the story.

So, anyway, I get a daily "med term" on my iGoogle homepage.  A lot of the ones I don't know are the names of medical conditions, often genetic ones, and usually rare.  I've started seeing the term, trying to think of a person with that name, surname, or something similar.  Anyway, it's a little bit wicked but the med term I had today I immediately thought of an old uni lecturer with the same name, and when I saw the condition caused mental retardation and a disfigured face, I had to laugh.  Won't forget that one in a hurry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment