Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hiking and stuff

Just got back from 2 days out touristing on the other side of the island.  I left after my 4.5hr online lecture/MCQ tute/oral assessment session I do on Wednesday mornings this term.  It went ok.  I'm getting more used to them now and am doing a lot more preparation before sessions which helps a lot.  It's different (almost the reverse) of how I have learnt in the past, where you would go to the lecture to be taught a subject, then go home and look over the handouts again.

So, I got to tick another one off on my list of "things to do" which is to hike through Freycinet NP to Wineglass Bay.  There are no roads there, and apart from boat, you must walk over a small mountain range on a very well-made, yet slightly challenging path.  It takes about 2.5hrs return, but the mandatory rest on the beautiful beach adds a bit more time to the journey.

I had picked up some supplies at the Red Bridge Cafe in Campbell Town the day before and have been inspired to buy a dehydrator, ever though I hear they are not cheap.  I had vegetable chips (dehydrated slices of sweet potato, taro, swede, carrot, and green beans with sea salt), then some dried fruit and apricot delights.  They were so nice on the trail and down on the beach.  I filled my water bottle up with the tap from the tank water at the car park, but I don't feel sick yet. I would recommend doing that back at the National Park info centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment