Saturday, February 12, 2011

Getting my act together

So, I think I have finally got my act together, and it really couldn't have happened sooner.  I'm actually enjoying studying again and am sad I have wasted so many weeks.  I am glad I will have next term off to revise because I really want to study harder now!  LOL  How things change. 

Right now I'm reading about lung surfactant and finding it way cool.  I also need to attribute some of my turn-around to another fellow classmate that emailed me.  Even though she is in the US and not my study partner, she offered help and gave morale support and that really goes a long way to build the confidence to stop that little voice in my head that likes to tell me I'm going to fail.  When meditation failed me, an unexpected friendship and small show of compassion went a long way.

I still haven't decided about the MIH (Masters of International Health), as I mentioned in my last post, because I so want to take my medical studies into that field eventually.  Afterall, it is international health that pushed me into med in the first place.  Census date is still some time off so I don't have to make any decisions now.  I might even just cut back to one subject per semester, but again I'll wait and see how I feel after I finish this med term.  It's funny after studying med I think MIH subjects will be so much easier.  I'm also hoping that as time goes by I will be able to keep a more even keel in med studies because I know that when I start my clinical placements that there will be little room for "off days".

Good news - I finally got my new phone after my last one was destroyed on a job in the floods.  I feel like I've rejoined the 21st century!

No comments:

Post a Comment