Sunday, February 27, 2011

Study and more study



Yep, I'm still studying.  Well, I had a day off yesterday, which I hadn't planned to, but things happen....

According to my schedule I must finish by the end of today:
  • 50 page case study (ARDS)
  • 10 question quiz and submit
  • 17 questions tasks and prepare for lecture
I've probably done about half.  I'm starting to stress and just want to start revision already and reading through the respiratory chapter of my textbooks, but I must stick to the plan to make sure this week's tasks don't cross-over into next week.

I'm also at work, did I mention that?

Work's clinical guidelines are changing again, and at first I was concerned about re-learning new guidelines, but when I read through the summary I was happy because they are changing to be more in-line with "the rest of the world" medicine and allow for more clinical reason.  For eg Stemetil can now be used in severe vertigo, and not just motion sickness, air medevac and/or an alternative for Maxolon.  Vertigo is probably the most common indication for Stemetil we encounter in reality.  And if anyone has ever had really bad vertigo, then you'd understand why I really want to be able to give it to certain patients.  There are a number others which make clinical sense, which in the past I'd have to consult for.  This is good news for everybody.

I didn't go for a run yesterday either. I can't remember how many times I've gone this week.  I think twice, but maybe only once....?  I went on that hot day before I started call, on Thursday, and I must've gone either Monday or Tuesday, surely...  It feels weird to have gone 3 days since running.  I must try and go tonight when I start call.  The treadmill is sitting there but is not attractive...

Edit:  thanks to my former posts I realise I did 4.5km 5 days ago and 2.5km in high temperatures 3 days ago.  Time is jumbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment