Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Time-orientated

Back at work and yesterday was busy again but I did manage to finish reading my case study. It helped a lot that it was a short one. I also listened to more podcasts. I now have the readings to do today.

When I got home from work I watched some Kaplan and generally stuffed around until I decided my new goal would be to stop studying by 9.30pm each night and go to bed (in order to sleep enough before waking at 6am). I stoped at 9pm last night and watched the first two episodes of Star Trek: Enterprise Season 3 which I just got in the mail. It was good to relax but I don't find watching tv as stimulating as studying so I don't know what's going on with my brain physiology but that doesn't seem normal!

I've also been implementing a new schedule to try and clean for 15 minutes a day during the week. I once saw a book with a similar title (I didn't buy it) and the concept has remained with me. I am keeping a record and will post about it at the end of the week.  The main gist of it is 15 minutes of cleaning a day Monday to Friday, then one hour of a "special project" on Saturday for which I have been thinking about how I want to spend my hour. Right now the top contenders are organising my wardrobe, cleaning the skirting boards, and organising the pantry. I got a bit inspired and made a small tray for my spices in the pantry. I used a shallow box (the one my Kindle came in) without the lid and covered it with fabric I already had using craft glue. I labeled it and it looks kinda good. I can't afford Conformerware right now, so fabric-covered boxes it is! The next one is for the pasta packets.

Anyway, I have been applying the "time-orientated vs task-orientated" theory into practice with the house chores. This is something medical students must learn about studying med. There isn't enough time to study everything so a student must switch their study plan to fit the time they have, rather than the task they have. It seems to be working well for my for housework this week.

Ok to the books now... I brought in Davidson's (Clinical), Robbins (Patho), and Guyton and Hall (Physiol), and a neuro textbook I borrowed form the library which is not the recommended one - I'll have to try and find the Nolte one....

No comments:

Post a Comment