Friday, January 13, 2012

In the loop

I'm a little behind my own schedule, already, in week 1! But that's ok as I have the weekend off to go hard.

I have the readings to do which, as usual, are more than I have time for.

Yesterday I have no idea how I wasted my time at work. I was sorting out things and emailing back people and then the new oxygen bottle supply people came and blah blah blah. I began reading about the brain stem and then got distracted.

I have my weekly phone call with my academic advisor shortly, then after that I'll plan out my weekend hour-by-hour.

In other good news, I spoke with the new person at the MESA office today (the Australian OUM contact) and he was very optimistic about 2012 for OUM. And so am I. They have really shaken up the course a lot and improved it. Also, he put me (back) in contact with a student ahead of me who has managed to secure some amazing clinical rotations at the top hospitals in the state.

One thing I must admit in distance learning is that it's difficult to keep "in the loop". I don't know ANY of the students in my Masters degree and I'm only really in regular contact with two OUM students which I got to meet face-to-face at a dinner they had when the school had it's Melbourne visit from the accreditation body.

Ok so I must go back to the books now....

No comments:

Post a Comment