Thursday, January 12, 2012

Endo grade

I finally got my final endo grade back. It was a little better than I thought at 82. I averaged my quizzes at 85 but only got 75 on the exam which really shocked me. I'm so disappointed I performed so poorly considering so many questions were repeated and it was my best (I thought) final exam prep ever. Whatever!

So, have to try and improve this term although neuro isn't going to take any prisoners!

BTW I have to get over 80 on my final pre-clinical in-house exam (which has other scary basic sciences in it which aren't covered very well in the case-based modules hence me studying molecular bio on my holidays this Summer) before they will let me attempt the USMLE Step 1, that is, 80% is virtually a "pass" at my med school in my opinion but noone got over 89 this term in the whole school. Go figure! I have no idea how this compares to other med schools.

Anyway, I think my grades so far are as follows:
1. Introduction to Medicine 83
2. Cardiovascular 84
3. Respiratory 84
4. Musculoskeletal 87
5. Endocrine 82

I'll try and post about how I go in  practice step exams etc, but OUM has had a major curriculum change starting this year with the ITM module becoming 20 weeks with hurdle exams, that is, if you don't pass the bi-weekly exams you have to, at the end of ITM, take a 4 week "foundation" course in that particular basic science are that you failed in. It seems really good. To recap, my plan is to attempt the IHE and if I am deficient in an area and need extra tuition, I will do the foundation class then. I have about a year to get up to scratch.

Ok that is all. I must go get this ginormous neuro reading done today. A whole chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment