Saturday, January 21, 2012

FA Organ Systems Review


I got my First Aid for the Basic Sciences General Principles two weeks ago, and my FA for the Basic Sciences Organs Systems arrived two days ago. I didn't get these two books intially because of the bad reviews on Amazon, but I have to say - I'm loving them!

I'm sure the second editions, when they hurry up and release them, will address the issues and I wish they would release an errata like they do for FA for the USMLE Step 1, but I can cope with them how they are.

For me, the visual lay-out is important. It needs to flow and be organised like the way I like my mind to be organised. I have spoken about the importance of gestalting before.

Anyway, I love them. I used FA Step 1 all the time. I almost never use the Kaplan versions "MedEssentials" due to the clunky lay-out.

---------------
I've done a little more work on the research project this morning at work, so I'm happy with how that is travelling - nice and stress-free. I wonder if I can make it into the professional magazine we have called "Response" by Paramedics Australasia and whether that would be good enough as a "published" article for my residency applications as a start. For my Masters I will have to do something bigger and better but this will be an excellent learning opportunity and at the very least it will help me next year when I get to that stage.

---------------
Pretty much loving life right now. This helped me put things in perspective this morning:
Enjoy....

No comments:

Post a Comment