Monday, January 16, 2012

Neuro week 1

I just had my first neuro lecture - 3 hours zzzz. Actually, it's quite interesting. How can one not marvel at the human body, especially the brain?

Thankfully I have today off work because I haven't prepared enough for the quiz which opens....now. This term it is open for three whole days! Wooooowwww! I have tomorrow day off too so I might delay it, but, yes, I run the risk of losing time for my second case study which is on bacterial meningitis, which, along with stroke and trauma, are the only neuro focuses with have in ambulance practice.

It also never ceases to amaze me the level of knowledge we're supposed to have coming into the lectures. It's truly revision only. As students of this course we seem to teach ourselves almost everything. I generally prefer this. In my bachelor degree I preferred to just go home and read the slide notes or whatever. I found the lectures took too long to cover a topic. But, occasionally, I do miss live lectures, which is one of the reasons I think I trawl the internet looking for video lectures where I can, just to break up the reading. You can find a lot of these on my page page tab above called Resources.

---------
My dog is constantly barking at the builders next door. He hates their nail-gun as they put up the roofing frame. Sadly, my road is being developed. But on the other hand it should only increase the value of my own property as the new homes go up. The new neighbours seem very friendly.

---------
I started my Schedule in full today and I don't know why I'm so excited about it. I think it helps alleviate the mind of these stress of trying to fit everything in. Ever since I handed over my book-keeping to MyBudget and now MySchedule in place, my mind feels a lot freer to concentrate on the present task at hand. For some reasons I thought being spontaneous was freeing, but now I see with how far I need to stretch my finances and time, that detailed planning is much more liberating!

No comments:

Post a Comment