Monday, January 2, 2012

Studying at work again

I'm up to my old tricks again - that is, studying at work during down-time.

I'm really hooked on the BrainGenie lectures. I'm taking what I'm learning there and cross-referencing the with my First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 and Kaplan medEssentials revision books. The lectures have helped me a lot - now when I look at the stuff in the books it is starting to look and feel familiar, although there is a scary amount of depth in the "revision" texts and the BrainGenie lectures did not go this far.  i will need to recruit more resources.  I also need to have a look at some practice questions to get a feel for how they want me to manipulate the information I'm learning.

I just spent the first hour at work revising my work Clinical Practice Guidelines, and now I'm back to my current BrainGenie addiction.  I've decided to go further than what I came for and use all their biology and chemistry lectures if I can, although this may take awhile to go through.  They are so interesting.

It's nice to study for pleasure for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment