Thursday, December 22, 2011

When your life is not on hold

Wow. It feels so relaxing to only be working full-time on-call, without (mandatory) study.

It's amazing how many things in life can occupy your day when you have the space for it to do so. It's not all bad. Some of it is necessary in order to maintain a certain standard in my house and personal appearance, and to be able to help out friends, catch up on my Star Trek dvds (I'm going through the Enterprise series atm), and then there's that thing I really think is important called "sleep". I did a few things at work like organise my in-tray and catch up on some paramedic clinical stuff. I slugged on myself today also on some beauty products just for a treat.

I didn't study at all today. Tomorrow is Friday already. I've given myself until the end of tomorrow to sort out my house, as I'll have to pack on Saturday ready for Sunday's flight. Although I don't need all day to pack, I need to leave plenty of buffer-room due to my work. I am predicting this weekend might be busy due to the warm weather we're having and that it's a mega-long weekend and Christmas and all.

Today I probed my group manager about the possibility of part-time paramedic work and job-share in the region.  He was fairly optimistic about it which is a great reaction - quite polar from the attitude when I started.  I'm about two years off (in my conservative projection) from ceasing full-time work to complete my clinical placements in medicine, but I thought it might be nice to sow a few seeds early.  Two years can go fast in the paramedic world thanks to shift-work and people being on annual leave all the time, up-ward relieving, and so-forth.

Anyway, off to bed to try and keep this adequate-sleep habit going...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment