Thursday, December 1, 2011

Update on proctor

So.... I rang my internet provider again, just to see if anything had changed, and they told me I had gone over my limit and was being shaped.  I thought this was strange because I had just changed my plan as I analysed my usage over the last few months and I was under 5GB per month.  He couldn't tell me what I was downloading due to privacy (but I was like - it's my internet!) but he told me the day I used the most.  I looked through my history without any luck.  And then I looked at my credit card bill - I paid for and subsequently downloaded the Usmleworld QBank that day which cost me 1GB!  Well, I dunno if it was all Usmleworld but it was on that same day.  Geez.

So I changed my plan up again to 10GB and at the fastest speed but still no luck with the Securexam software.  Then I got out my LAN cable (ethernet) and I tried and tried, I turned on and off my internet router, and I restarted my mac, then I shutdown and then started up my mac again, and then finally I could get enough speed to get into the friggin quiz.  Geez.

I read in the local paper that the National Broadband Network (NBN) is starting to be rolled-out in the next town to me.  Maybe by the end of my degree my internet speed will be fast enough to use software from the US.

Ugh.  Sigh.  Whatever. As long as I can do my final end of term exam without stress.

Now to do my presentation while on-call.  Can't wait for this term to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment