Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Overheard in the ambulance

OVERHEARD IN THE BACK OF THE AMBULANCE
After quite a lot of coaching and coaxing by the paramedic to try and get the elderly female patient to use the penthrane inhaler correctly (penthrane is an analgesic methoxyflurane which is inhaled through the mouth using an inhaler which is confusingly shaped like a whistle.  It can also have some neurological side effects similar to drinking alcohol...) the patient finally got enough pain relief on-board.

ELDERLY PATIENT

"Thank yooooooou"


PARAMEDIC

"That's alright.  All I want to do is make you feel better."


ELDERLY
 
"I looooove yoooooooou...."

2 comments:

  1. Teehee. I think I'd like to try that. I used to wonder why my old genetics lecturer used to smile at me when I'd float past and say, "I love youuuuur praaaaacs" after we did the ones where we used ether to knock out Drosophila flies. :-) Good luck with your revision!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey InkBlot,

    Apparently they used to let paramedic students "experience" Penthrane but then they started to realise it was a bad idea when it made the students amorous!

    Good luck to you too with your thesis and beginning a new path soon!

    ReplyDelete