Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Revision day 3/10

I did very well yesterday, if I do say so myself, which, of course I do.  We didn't turn a wheel at work so I got cracking at 7am and kept going through to 5.30pm where I stopped studying and did a few branch duties before I went home.

My revision notes are looking friggin fantastic, if I do say so myself.

Keeping with tradition, I've banned myself from Facebook until I've done the exam which helps eliminate at least that distraction.

I studied so well that when my neighbour asked me to join her for a bbq at the park I was able to attend guilt-free!  The 3 drinks went straight to my head and I slept straight through from 10pm to 8.30 am so now I'm feeling pretty good this morning to keep going.  I've just accepted an overtime shift at work tonight from 5pm so my goal now is to get a lot done before then, despite the weather being so beautiful today.

It will probably take me from now until 5pm to finish making these revision notes as there are over 100 questions and quite a few are clinical vignettes which is a paragraph or so of writing. I have 14 pages so far (!) of just revision questions, so it's a lot to organise and I have to watch the end of a few lectures to get a few more questions.  I'm also sorting them into weeks which are themes, such as "the thyroid gland and hyperthyroidism" and "the adrenal gland and Addisons" and then under each week I've separated the questions into science disciplines, i.e. embryology, anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, etc. I'm hoping this will help my mind in gestalting.  If I had more time I might colour-code a bit more than just the headings and subheading, but given my schedule for the rest of this week that is unlikely.

And, no I haven't been able to start watching my Kaplan or Doctors in Training videos yet.  Next week maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment