Thursday, December 1, 2011

Remote proctor hell

In case anyone was wondering if I've completely lost my marbles due to all the cooking and de-cluttering and little studying... the answer is most definitely yes!

Kidding.

I tried to take my weekly quiz for med school this morning and my "bandwidth test" failed.  Repeatedly.  It says my internet is too slow.  WTF?  Geez.  I can't win.  I'll try later while on-call until my time runs out and then I'll email the coordinator once again.  I'm sure I'm off his Christmas card list.

I was on the phone to North America somewhere yesterday morning, way too early for me anyhow, and we went through a few diagnostics.  I'm starting to think upgrading my iMac to the OS Lion wasn't such a hot idea.  I also couldn't take the practice test on the OUM website because it isn't there.  WTF?

So after studying and avoiding studying yesterday and today for this quiz, I have been called into do some OT at work and I'm gonna take it in the vain hope I can scrape together enough funds to allow me to study next term.  Very vain hope indeed.

The good thing is my study mojo is back, and not soon enough.  I have my presentation to finish in the next 36 hours and I also have to try and get it from Keynote format to Powerpoint which I haven't done before.  Hopefully that will work without a hitch.

And then there's next week - revision week! (Add sound effects suggesting doom here).  Eek!

Well, I must go get back into the uniform and check my life at the door on the way through because herein starts another cycle of day-shifts spaced with on-call shifts until..... Tuesday 1830h.  Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment