Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Exam revision day 2/10

Yesterday we were so busy at work I only got about an hour of study done.  I used that time going through my practice quizzes from week 1.  Some of them are from my case study, some were given in the lecture, and some I jotted down after the weekly quiz that I could remember after each week.  That in itself was actually quite good revision.  I have about 20+ questions for each week which makes about 120 in total for the module. I think there's 100 questions on the final exam, so I reckon my revision notes are going to be a good asset to me.  Stay tuned and I'll let you know!

So now I'm going through all of the revision questions I have for endo and seeing how many I can get done today.  It's easier to motivate myself and concentrate on revision questions because I know I'm not wasting my time doing those, rather than reading some obscure chapter which may or may not be useful to me at this stage.

I also started watching some of the Kaplan DVDs yesterday but kept getting interrupted (how dare people call for an ambulance when I'm studying!) and then I put them on again last night and I fell asleep in the couch at 8.30pm I was so tired.

Ok back to the revision questions.  I'm retyping them all neat, underlying key words, making sure I understand why a correct answer is a correct answer and why the incorrect ones are incorrect. Some of it is pure rote learning but not much - those ones I'll cram before the exam.  As I'm retyping them I'm actively revising rather than just zoning-out.  I'll be sending my revision  notes to my friend in my class too, so that motivates me again to make sure all the answers are correct so I don't stuff her up.

Hopefully I'll finish these notes by today or early tomorrow so I can do the Kaplan videos, my Usmleworld Qbank, and I also bought a few Doctors in Training USMLE Step 1 videos for "Solid Pharmacology" and "Solid Internal Medicine" (Solid IM is new to DIT).  I've bought a few of the appropriate endocrine lectures.  They are usually $12 each for about an hour plus notes, but they often have sales where they are $9 each, so if you go on their mailing list you get notified of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment