Thursday, July 14, 2011

What I did today

First I slept in as I have had such little sleep in the last few nights.  Well, actually first I logged on for my 5am lecture only to find out it had been cancelled.  Slightly frustrating.  Got over it quickly when I realised I got to go back to bed.

Then I got some much needed groceries, made some lunch, then went 45km to see my tax accountant to do my tax return.  Then, I went to the hospital library to wait for my mentor session.  We went over a few anatomy things that I'll probably need for the exam and the rest of my medical career, including the dermatomes, myotomes, and skin innervation of peripheral nerves of the upper and lower limbs.  We also went over the vertebral anatomy and reading spine xrays.  I feel clueless on tendons so I'm not sure when I'm going to know them by.  Probably not by the exam.  My mentor said not to worry too much as most conventional medical students don't know their anatomy in the same detail as she had to.  It is slightly reassuring, but not entirely.

Then I came home and had dinner and probably took too long of a break.

Now I'm in my study reading my allocated 6 pages per day of Davidson's musculoskeletal chapter and trying not to forget to finish my study of case 1 today but I'm already getting behind on that.  I tried to do ten USMLE World QBank questions but got bored and distracted by the ones that have nothing to do with what we covered in this module (ie paralytic agents)  It also had a question on myasthenia gravis, which we haven't covered and I hope we do in neuro!  The only reason I know about that disease is because in ambulance we use midazolam and MG is contraindicated.

Getting daunted by the task and my mind is wondering.

Realising I study better at work with less distractions and at the desk without a computer.

Think I might turn my laptop off and focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment