Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Another exam over

Just did my musculoskeletal exam.  So glad it's over.  Got my best mark yet despite it being difficult and me being so full of mucous that I'm slightly hypoxic. 

There were quite a few questions on bone tumors which I have to thank Kaplan for helping me prepare for. There were also a lot on brachial plexus lesions (no surprise) and a lot on lower limb muscular anatomy (ie which muscle adducts the thigh). 

I think my brain is getting used to studying medicine.  Things are beginning to sound more familiar (despite being different organ systems) and my mind is getting trained to ingest large volumes of information days and days on end (as I've talked about in previous posts).

My favourite books at the moment are (in order of preference);
  • First Aid for the USMLE Step 1
  • Davidson's Principles and Practice of Medicine
  • Kaplan Medical USMLE Step 1 Lecture notes and DVDs
  • Lippincott's Biochemistry
  • Lippincott's Pharmcology
  • Murtagh's General Practice
  • Gray's Anatomy for Students
  • Robbin's Pathologic Basis of Disease
  • Kumar and Clark's Clinical Medicine
  • Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
Now, off to start my Master's subject and finish my PT assignment finally!

And get ready to go back to work.....

No comments:

Post a Comment