Friday, July 8, 2011

Overheard

This is my new section "Overheard" where I hope to put up some funny/interesting things I see and hear in the ambulance, emergency departments, and on the job in general.  This is my vain attempt at finding humour everyday in the job while working the on-call roster, and letting non-paramedics into the world of all the weird things our minds have to deal with on a daily basis. 

I'm trying to write it like a script for dramatisation.  Excuse me if it seems odd but I'm not a writer.  Of course all identifying information has been altered or removed completely and is written in good faith and laughing with the patients, not at them.

OVERHEARD IN THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT

NURSE AT TRIAGE
(talking about the football scores to the paramedic)

"They're not doing too well".


ELDERLY PATIENT
(lying on the bed in front of the nurse looking worried)

"Who? Me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment