Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Disheartening

Today I spoke to a fellow classmate who told me he's on the scholarship for getting two HDs (>90%) in a row.  As long as he maintains his grades, he'll get free tuition for a year (or 5 modules).  Wow.  I thought they were almost impossible to get.  He also works full-time.  I emailed him and asked him to let me into his secret, but, while waiting for the reply, I already know the answer.  I'm sure he just studies more than I do.  He said he reads anything and everything he can get his hands on.  I'm not sure I'd retain that much.  I'm impressed by his stamina.

I'm pretty happy with how much I've achieved today.  I've thoroughly reviewed the relevant biochemistry and microbiology for the term.  I'm now working my way back through the case studies.  Things are starting to sink in, and it's nice when you re-read something for the 3rd or 4th time and all of a sudden you brain just goes "oh that's easy" and it opens up room for more complex detail.  This is my theory.

Today it's the first case study - rheumatoid arthritis.  First half of learning issues - anatomy of joints, biochemistry of synovial fluid and connective tissue, autoimmune response, and chronic inflammation.

Well I must get back to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment