Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lull in motivation

Well I'm not feeling all motivated and in love with medicine atm. Not at all.  I'm feeling the next 2 weeks of case study plus the final revision week is going to be too long!

I'm hoping it is just a combination of tiredness and hormones (female handicap) and am so happy I now have, after just doing a lecture online now, the rest of today off.  The weather today is puuuuuurfect for watching movies.  This storm better not take out my satellite!  I can't imagine going to the video shop!

Hoping today will be enough as I lost yesterday to MoH duties (and catching up with my friend that moved to London bout 4 years ago!), and the weekend to work/fatigue/sleep deprivation/working with blow-ins.*  Not matter how I feel tomorrow, I will be studying ALL day.

Actually, catching up with my friend was really good because she is a paramedic in London and was telling me all about the UK recession, job cuts, the crap ambulance system over there etc.  It put things in perspective that we've actually got it pretty good here.  Mind you, I see some obvious wasted funds in that in the UK you get a helicopter with a trauma doctor on it for the most minor injuries/accidents.  Plus, you can drive the whole length of the country in about 4 hours.  It kind of seems ridiculous from my point of view especially as chopper are so expensive to run.

Anyway, movies time for me it is.  R+R.  Staying warm with my tea cup.  Might even do my hair later if I can be bothered.  And cook dinner from scratch without worrying about being interrupted.  A whole day of being "insignificant" (as Dr Phil would put it).

Loving today.



*Blow-ins:  Non-permanent staff members, ie people filling sick leave I don't normally work with me, don't normally work at my branch, and don't normally work the on-call roster, which always increases the amount of effort I need to put into my day (despite some blow-ins being lovely people and a breath of fresh air).

No comments:

Post a Comment