Sunday, July 3, 2011

House mate

Very exciting news - I've lined up a house mate!  Yay!  A good one too.  She's the girl that normally house sits for me and she's about to finish high school and wants to move out anyway. 

Excellent.

She knows how my house runs and about the idiosyncrasies of my pets (and doesn't mind sharing the couch with them).

Exciting, exciting, exciting.

I've been hanging out for the perfect house mate...


Work - is slowly killing me.  Just an accumulative sleep deprivation.  Had a patient that had some serious chronic fatigue issues after working as a fire fighter for years on shift work.  Now his cortisol levels are all stuffed up and in reverse (high at night and low during the day).  Not only that but he now has insulin resistance and cardiac issues.  Made me think I need to be more strict on my sleep bank again.  Luckily, I worked with some really good people the last few days and my morale has been rejuvenated at least.

Study - I'm taking a break.  I'm so sleep deprived right now I feel drunk.  I have a big day tomorrow full of social activities and MoH duties.  Maybe I'll block out the whole day and try and do some exercise in the morning to get my metabolic processes working efficiently.  Doing nothing medical tomorrow and being social with other human-beings which aren't medical (well, some of them are!) might help me get some quality study done for the rest of the week.  I'm happy with what I achieved with this week's case study.  I have a few days off this week so, again, not so stressed about it.  In fact I'm still really motivated ot study medicine.  I actually love studying medicine.  Still.

Ok, that is all. I was disappointed to read on TripAdvisor last night that paragliding in Pokhara doesn't happen in the monsoon season when I'm there :(  Might have to consider another adventurous activity.  Taking suggestions (from my 4 followers).

No comments:

Post a Comment