Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Update

I haven't blogged for a few days because I was away from home enjoying myself for a bit of a long-weekend away.  Very nice indeed.  I went away visiting friends in another part of the state in the country-side.  It turned out to be like a mini-holiday and I found it very refreshing for the soul, despite there being a horse-biting incident!  Ouch!  Apart from the minor dramas, it makes me want to work part-time for the rest of my life and just chill on my property somewhere.....  I'm a long way from that being a reality.

When I got home my dog had been home alone for a number of hours as my baby-sitter (and soon to be roomie) had gone to work.  My dog was fine.  I then had to go drop into work and pick up the pager to start call.  I was gone for about 15 minutes and when I got home my dog had emptied the rubish bin all over the floor!  He really told me how impressed he was that I had left again so quickly after returning!

Being away from the weekend, I unfortunately missed another lecture, which is now a total of 1% minimum down the drain from my module grade.  I didn't intend to - I was all ready to use a foreign computer again, but it was all a bit too hard at 8am on a Sunday morning.  Now I'm not sure I'm going to be able to beat my PB of 87%.  Pituitary diseases and Cushings syndrome were basically a blur to me....

But, there is hope for now we start something that all paramedics know at least a thing or two about - diabetes!  Diabetes mellitus to be precise.  It's a double case-study this week, so I better get to it.  It's already Wednesday and I haven't began my study week yet!  Eek!

No comments:

Post a Comment