Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Today

I didn't get to blog all weekend due to work trying to kill me, once again.  We got called-out during the night Friday and Saturday night which meant I was asleep most of Saturday - but I managed to do some study, and then on Sunday I got home at 6.30am so I slept for one hour before my online lecture at 8am-11am.  My brain wasn't working quite as well as it should have been and I answered a few questions incorrectly which in fact I knew the correct answer to.  No harm done though as we were being graded only on participation and not on correct answers.  Well, actually, I think for correct answers you can gain marks on your participation but you don't lose any marks for incorrect answers (but you lose heaps for not attending at all).

So after 11am I decided to just stay up (I got to go to the Farmer's market which was nice) as I only had to go back to work for two hours so I figured I'd try and get my body-clock back on-track by waiting until 9.30pm (after dinner) to sleep.  I slept-in Monday and required a mental day-off, so I didn't study at all.  I had a lovely day and did a little bit of gardening to plant my new lavender, roses, and daisies from the market, although I felt like a total zombie for most of the day.  I went out for dinner too, but my Japanese Slipper virtually knocked me out.  I only got 8 hours sleep last night and I so I still feel a bit tired but I didn't want to waste to much of today as I wanted to get some decent study done.

To make up for yesterday I have achieved quite a lot today.  I got through my case study number 3 in only three hours.  That's a new record for me.  I was feeling really proud - until I wrote down all the readings I need to do - holey-moley, there are 27, plus 3 for Sunday's lecture, plus 3 for the quiz (whew- just found out the lecture 3 and quiz 3 are the same this week and it looks like there will be a lot more cross-over from the case readings this week too). Well, at least 27.  Some are really quick (histology) and some take forever (physiology and pharmacology).

So, to recap, the first 3 hours this morning I read the case, now I have three hours before dinner and I have so far figured out what I am supposed to do this week and answered as best I can the case tasks before my mentor meeting tomorrow and I will now commence the readings and see how far I get.  Tonight I am planning on watching about 2-3 hours of Kaplan videos which I am really getting in to.

Still highly motivated this term.  Feeling pretty good most of the time except when I think of all the work I'm doing just to gain such a basic understanding of medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment