Saturday, November 5, 2011

Times

Yep I'm struggling to be able to keep up with daily posts.  Things are a little hectic with work and study.

I feel strangly calm this week.  I feel like I haven't done much study but I think I've covered all the important stuff so I'm sure I'll get a nice shock in the lecture tomorrow when I realise I actually know nothing at all.  I don't know what I don't know yet.

We (Australian OUM students) just got sent an email today explaining how the Australian Medical Council and Australian Medical Board (I still haven't figured out the difference) have stated that IMGs must do their intern year in the coutry of their medical school, ie it looks like I'll have to do my intership in Samoa.  This is not a bad thing - I like Samoa and I want to do international health.  I also may be able to do it in the US or NZ and then transfer across.  Interesting times. 

The email also outlined some good things - the AMC exam part 1 can be done online.  This is great if I'm going to be in Samoa/US/NZ.  And I can be employed on just Part 1, and then do Part 2 to get full registration.  If it's online it might be more flexible with the dates etc.

The Samoan government has agreed to allow Australian OUM students to do their internship in Samoa.  This is a very good thing as I was a little concerned there might not be enough intership positions in the small island nation of Samoa when they have 25 of their own locals graduating as well.  Let's hope this is still the case when my time comes.

So that is all.  For me nothing much has changed - I'm still preparing myself for the USMLEs, to move to Samoa for a period of time, and to have a hard time trying to break back into Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment