Saturday, October 1, 2011

Last day

I can't believe this is my last day on this holiday. I fly out tonight and should reach home by tomorrow night.

I can't believe what I've done in only 4 weeks. Its crazy! It feels much longer than 4 weeks, more like 4 months!

This morning I used the hotel spa facilities and had a nice go in the steam room. Yesterday I had a lovely pedicure. I ALMOST feel human again.

Yesterday I went to buy some thangkas. I got the Wheel of Life for myself. It matches the Buddhas Life one I already have. Two of my friends had a requests; Medicine Buddha, and one where a monkey and elephant slowly change white (representing the path to enlightenment). Now I have three pictures to get framed when I get back (the other is a panoramic photograph on canvas of Potala Palace taken in 1916).

Today I have to fun task of packing! I searched online to find out my airline allows 20kg of check-in luggage total, and there is no "piece" system, ie I can check-in two bags for no additional charge as long as the total weight is less than 20kg. Sweet. I have an extra bag now but they are both small(ish).

I love it here but I also can't wait to get home.


No comments:

Post a Comment