Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Endocrine

I'm back at med school finally and it looks like I'm doing the endocrine system this term (I haven't had a confirmation email yet but it's the only one I can access and in my profile it is listed as one of my courses).

Endocrine is not exactly an area of expertise for paramedics (compared to my previous modules of cardiovascular, respiratory, and musculoskeletal) except for perhaps diabetes.  So this should be interesting.  At least I know where the thyroid gland is.....

So this week's case is hypothyroidism.

It also looks like I have my lectures at a humane time, albeit on a Sunday at 8am, and the three one-hour lectures are back-to-back which is really great.  I mean, it's difficult trying to sit still for three hours, but it's easier when trying to plan the other parts of my life around the lecture times and I'm less likely to forget them.  Morning is also the best time because at work most of our jobs seems to come in in the afternoon and evening.  Saturday nights can be a killer too, but I am happy with 8am after last term was 5am!

The weekly online quizzes are open for 22-hours on Thursdays, so that works out well for me too.  They are fine because I can find 10 minutes in a 22-hour window on any day of the week (usually).

So, yeh, I'm happy to be back studying again.  I'm a year and a half into the course now and I want to ramp up my performance a bit more.  Well, actually my grades have been good so far, but I want them to be excellent.

------
Sunday was my sister's wedding.  I am officially free of MoH duties now.  It all went really well and it was a total credit to my sister who organised such a wonderful event.  She hand-made a number of decorations such a pin-wheels and mini-noodle boxes for the lolly-bar which put such a lovely personal touch to the whole thing.  It was simple and classy yet elegant.  Bravo to her.  My Mum knitted a wedding cake (just for show, not for eating!) that was super-cute and sat on the gift table.

The day before the wedding we picked up the flowers from the florist.  The flowers were my contribution to the wedding, a gift from me, and OMG I can't believe how far a fairly decent amount of money wont go when buying wedding flowers. Yikes!

It was probably the best wedding or event I've ever been to!


And now all it right in the universe once again......

No comments:

Post a Comment