Friday, October 28, 2011

No time

I think it's fair to say if you're working full-time and studying med, you have no free time.

I got called out for work until 3am this morning.  I got up early at 11am to do a bit of urgent house work (dishes) before returning to work at 1pm.  After an hour for shift change-over, lunch, doing some work-related admin, management dropping in etc I got so little actual study I'm starting to feel stressed. In 4 hours I read four pages from my textbook.  Where on Earth did the time go?

It's now Friday night. I just got home from work and I've done the rest of my urgent house work which included vacuuming.  I'm on-call again tonight so who knows what the night will bring.

So I have to end this post cause I need to get a few more pages done now before watching some Kaplan videos tonight.

One of the worst things is, I've just realised the readings I was supposed to do last week, and the references I have been given for both weeks are for a different edition textbook, that I figured I'd better read the whole endocrine chapter of Robbins Pathologic Basic of Disease but I'm making the mistake of back-pedalling.    Feeling overwhelmed.  I've gone against my won rule.

And I so need to wash my hair tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment