Thursday, October 27, 2011

First endo quiz down

I did my first "weekly quiz" for endocrine just before - I think I fluked it.

I had obviously spend too much time focusing on the case study and things surrounding hypothyroidism that I didn't cover-off on some of the additional readings of other endocrine hormones.  I figured we'd cover them as we went along in the module.  Not so.  Not so at all!

Well I got some very good advice from a fellow classmate and which readings to focus on for the exam.  Ok.  I think I might know what I'm doing now.  I swear half of the difficulty of studying med is trying to figure out what you're supposed to do and when.

So, in a nutshell, it seems the case studies are all well-and-good but I need to make sure I'm doing the additional readings.  For example, there was a questions about the hormones of the anterior pituitary gland. Well, silly me thought we'd cover that in more detail later in the module as there is a case on pituitary disease.  Yah I'll have to remedy this and thankfully I've got away with an ok grade this time.

As I've had four days off work this week I was feeling pretty good about my progress, but that quiz has shaken me up a little.

No time to dwell.

Back to the books!






No comments:

Post a Comment