Tuesday, March 1, 2011

PFPS

I have PFPS - patellofemoral pain syndrome - "runner's knees".  I blame work for making me sit in an ambulance for 9 hours two nights ago, after I had already done my 11 hour day shift.  Runner's World magazine lists PFPS as the top runner's injury and to remedy it by reducing mileage or running uphill only (ie on an incline of the tready), or to cross-train to rest the knees and build quad and hip muscle strength.  Looks like the WiiFit is going to get some use this week.

I have just completed my last shift for the week.  We have been busy at work and I have come home now, already tired, to begin my study for the day.  Ugh.  I still have those tasks to do before my online lecture in the morning, which, if I want 8 hours sleep before, I need to be in bed in 3 hours... which is not going to happen because my body-clock is set to nights.

Anyway, no use complaining, must get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment