Friday, March 25, 2011

Metalicus

So right now I'm addicted to http://www.metalicus.com/ clothing.  They are basic, well tailored, and fit perfectly.  They go with everything and I've owned many over the years.  They last really well and you always get your money's worth.  If I had to sum up my style with one line of clothing, Metalicus would be it.

As I said in my last post, I just splurged on some new tops.  Well, I've just done it again with a new dress and another top and leggings and an under skirt.  I'm pretty tight with cash atm due to med school fees, but I would have to say the number one reason I'm studying at OUM and not a "traditional" medical school in Australia is due to money and lifestyle.  I want to maintain my lifestyle as much as possible.  I work so friggin hard and sometimes I think it's necessary to stretch the budget for yourself.  Don't tell OUM but I would seriously consider deferring for up to six months if push came to shove.  I want to keep my house (mortgage), to buy the nice organic foods, and to dress not like a student, but as a sophisticated woman.  I'm 32.  I was a student forever (it felt like) before ambulance.  I absolutely love medicine, and really really want to be a doctor.  But the present is so important to me.  It always has been, even before I was an ambo.

Apart from all that, I just connected my Wii to the internet.  I don't need an lovely Mac afterall.  I havent' sussed out how you save files etc, but most of my online time is not spent with saved files, it's with reading data.  A lovely big plasma screen will make things so much more enjoyable.  I also just traded in 8 Wii games for Zumba for Wii.  Good trade, I say.  The games I traded were rubbish, like Grey's Anatomy The Game - rubbish.

I'm now watching perhaps one of my favourite episode of ER - "A Long, Strange Trip" from the final season.  It has a character in it which was instrumental in developing trauma centres and modern Emergency Departments. I like it.  He is also aged and has dementia, and diagnoses cryptic TB.  Nice.  It was World TB Day yesterday.  I'm pretty obsessed with TB.

So.... how's my Masters going?  It;s not.  Geebus!!!  what am I going to do?  I don;t know yet, but whatever it is it wont happen until Monday now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment