Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What to study now?

The med school bursar contacted me today and said I could enrol in the next term, starting on Monday, and that I would be in the gastrointestinal system module.  Geez, that is tempting.  I have planned to have this next term off from studying med and to do two of my Masters subjects before going back to med at the end of May.  But oh how I'd love to get this medical degree done and be an intern already.

I keep thining about doing my intership in Samoa.  I really want to be doing international health.  I think I'll do some clinical rotations there before I make any final decisions.

I'm feeling a little burnt-out at work atm.  I hope it's just because I need a break compounded with having the flu.  People that call ambulances and use them as a taxi service really annoy me atm.  Normally I just brush it off as part of the job, but lately ithasreallybeen getting to me.  Gone are the days when people would call and ambulance for a life-threatening emergency only.  Even if there is no other means by way to get up off the floor or get themselves to the GP, or even take some panadol before you call an ambulance for back pain!  Seriously. 

Yup, I'm burnt-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment