Friday, March 18, 2011

Studies

So anyway I just got a fright remembering that I've almost forgotten about my Master's studies.  Next week will be week 3.  I think.

As much as I want to clean and organise my house, I can't let my MIH studies get away from me because I think they aren't as difficult as med.  To be honest, it's all statistics so it isn't easy.

I finally got my term results for med and I'm sorta disappointed.  My overall grade as 85, which is one more than I'd expected, but it's only in the top 35% of the school for the term (other modules but same term).  I can't compare my score to others in my module because it doesn't allow for identification - there's only the student number listed.  So, I'm thinking maybe I aced my exam because it was easy afterall - it didn't just feel easy. I dunno - I thought my score would be in the top 25%, which it had been in the last few terms but with a lower overall mark.

Why do I care?  Well, it is an off-shore medical school.  Let's face it, most people would study on-shore if they could.  It wasn't just about my GAMSAT scores and GPA which made me decide to go off-shore, but at the end of the day, internship places are competitive and will be more so in the near future, and when competing with on-shore grads I need to be up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment