Friday, March 4, 2011

Help

I didn't think I'd find myself crying out for help, all alone in my study, at the computer!  I was taking another mini-quiz on the USMLEWorld Qbank when it froze on me!  And just when I'd gotten 70% finally.

So I don't know if the questions are getting easier, if I'm getting my brain into gear for test-taking, or if I'm actually learning something, but my Qbank grades are going up rapidly.

When you order a subscription to access the Qbank you just get all of Step 1.  I am only using the pulmonology section atm, and I only used cardiovascular last term, but oh well, that's all I have time to access in 30 days anyway. For $100, it's well worth it in my opinion.  And they will be getting plenty more of my money in the coming years.

Doctors In Training is the organisation my uni recommends for USMLE prep.  DIT recommends doing 2000 Qbank questions, reading the First Aid for the USMLE 3 times, plus BRS phys and patho, as well as the first 7 chapters of Robbins Pathology, plus their 15-day course of course!  I'll be doing the first two (Qbank and FA), but only the relevant respiratory sections.  So, I wont be doing 2000 questions (I think there's only ~300 in pulm), but I will at least be doing every pulmonology question at least once before Tuesday.  Actually, I only have 50 to go, so I hope to go through them all twice.

I have read all of the respiratory section of FA, but I need to go through it again and this time try and remember it!  It's so dense.  I also have to look at other subjects that we covered such as HIV....

Anyway, enough blogging, I am motivated, I am on a good run (metaphorically, not literally), and I need to make the most of the next 4 days.....

(PS I have not been on a run yet this week and my dog hates me, and I have resorted back to my terrible ways with energy drinks and lollies - I almost forgot how good they were... Can't wait for this exam to be over as the skinny jeans are being put back in their draw for now.....)

No comments:

Post a Comment