Monday, January 31, 2011

Good day

A good day in the books today.  Started with a short walk through the bush on the property here and then a wee bit of retail therapy including a trip to the supermarket to get all my favourite study food, and that has seemed to be enough to get my mind back in the right space for study again.  I am amazed how much sugar the brain requires.

Had a can of RedBull before and my heart is pounding now.  Don't think I can drink that stuff any more, or I should at least try and avoid it.  One good thing about being at Mum and Dad's is that I get a decent meal twice a day, with vegetable and everything!  I can smell the t-bone stea on the barbie right now!  I'm not generally very organised at home and aim for something semi-healthy once a day, and by that I mean if it comes in a tomato-base then that counts as a vegetable, and of course red wine counts as a fruit.

The bush walk this morning made me realise how much I miss the exercise endorphins.  Bought a pair of gaiters today so I wont get so scratched up tomorrow and can go longer.  And I look more cool too., which is very important when there is noone here to see me!  I can justify it because I am planning a hiking trip in March and have one bookde already for September.  I have a few weeks off in March (and Sep) with no work and no study, so I look forward to that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment