Tuesday, June 12, 2012

IUHS app

I'm doing my IUHS application today. I don't know how many times I've stuffed up filling out the application form. I wonder if it's an automatic rejection if I put my surname as my first name and my first name as my surname. Fail.

Anyway, it's a bit exciting. All balls are in motion and are rolling now. I've even applied for the August 2012 intake after going through the tuition fees and dates etc. Jan 2013 is ok too. I'm just so keen to get back into it now.
--------
I had a fellow student at TCM school describe some symptoms of a family member and I was amazing even myself the stuff that came out of my mouth. It wasn't exactly something I'd been taught, but the way my mind could manipulate the new information (particularly that I leant in endocrinology) and formulate a reasonable hypothesis based on the information I was given. It really showed me how far I had come, especially being around people new into health care in the TCM course.
--------
And then yesterday we had a major road accident with a traumatic PEA arrest and another with major compound fractures and it required all of my emergency paramedic training to that point and it felt amazing to use my skills at their peak. In that moment I was, like "I so need to be an ER doc!".......

No comments:

Post a Comment